Friday, August 17, 2012

Counterintuitive

I read this comment today in concern to someone who is contrary to adoption.

"We are to care for orphans and widows- that’s a Biblical mandate. But Christ did not tell us we had to adopt them into our family"

Doesn't that sound counter-intuitive? There seems to be a line which is drawn which says that I will only go so far. You are over here and my family is here. Aren't we supposed to live a life of sacrifice? How can we truly love them and meet their needs if we are afraid of getting our hands dirty?
The viewpoint listed above is not consistent with the love that Christ has shown.  It is a good thing that God didn't say that about us...I will take care of them, but I will not adopt them into my family...they will just mess the whole thing up...
No, God adopted us as his children and as a result we are coheirs with Christ. 
My only regret is that we don't have the resources to adopt all the children who are in need.   We have the home and the structure in place.  The hard part is meeting the costs associated with the actual adoption.  
If you feel led, and only if you feel led, please consider partnering with us to help bring a child into our home.  We want to meet their needs and love them as we have felt loved by our families.  How selfish it would be of us to close our home to a child who needs one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment